Since 1935, over 25,000 hockey players have passed through Faustina Minor Hockey in Toronto. For over 75 years, our organization has had the pleasure of providing families with an affordable hockey experience in an environment that fosters sportsmanship and skill development.
Our House League program is open to kids from all skill levels between ages 5 – 17. Our regular practices, Pre-Season Hockey School and positive coaching make Faustina House League a perfect program for recreational hockey and skill development.
2016 / 2017 House League Hockey Information
The Faustina Hockey League plays all games at the MasterCard Centre for Hockey Excellence, 400 Kipling Ave. Toronto (just north of Lakeshore Blvd.) in south Etobicoke.
This is also the practice rink of the Toronto Maple Leafs, Marlies and Hockey Canada.
Game Days & Times
Saturday is game day for all divisions.
Except in the case of schedule conflicts with other clubs operating in the MasterCard Centre or ice time cancellations due to un-controllable factors on Saturdays, then games can be played in the early evening on Wednesdays or Thursdays to make up for no game on a Saturday.
Game Day Schedule
The first game of the day is 7 AM and the last game 8:00 PM
- With the exception of the Tyke division the different age based divisions move thru the game day schedule on a rotational basis.
- Everybody takes their turn at those early and late start times.
- The Tyke division (5 & 6 yrs old) plays all games in the late morning, 10.45 AM – 1:15 PM, Saturdays only.
The season long schedule for all the teams is ready on the first day of the season, so parents can know weeks ahead when their player has a game.
- The first game of the 2016 / 2017 season will be Saturday October 1st 2016
- No games on Dec 24th and Dec 31st
- The final day of the playoffs and season end will be Saturday April 1st 2017
We will offer house league hockey for players born in 2011 to 1999 (5 to 17 years of age).
Female players are welcome and always do well against the boys in the younger age divisions.
Non-Toronto residents are welcome if team spots are open.
Teams & Divisions
Players are organized into teams and divisions by age and ability if needed.
Each age division, Tyke, Novice etc. is composed of players within one birth year of each other.
Last year we had 36 teams in 7 divisions for over 520 players.
- Tyke, Novice and Atom divisions are 3-minute buzzer line changes and no body checking.
- Peewee, Bantam and Midget divisions are change on the fly and no body checking.
- For Tyke & Novice, the players take turns playing goal.
- Atom to Midget, one full time goalie on each team is the normal policy.
The house league teams do not practice as teams during the season.
For Tyke to Bantam aged players we have weekly skating and skills improvement practice sessions, all indoors at the MasterCard Centre or nearby Long Branch Arena.
The 16/17 season schedule for practices is still to be determined, but last season we had sessions on Tuesdays 5pm, Thursdays 5pm and Sundays 7 , 8, 9 am and do not expect this to change for the 16/17 season.
Since we do not practice as teams, we can be flexible for players attending other age group sessions if they cannot make their groups practice, a player can practice once or sometimes twice a week if desired.
We do have a pre-season Hockey School that offers 10 hours of practice time for interested house league players to improve their skills. Space is limited and the cost is $ 250.00, click here for more information.
House League (Novice to Midget) registration fee for the 2016/2017 season will be $ 450.00.
Tyke age players, born 2011, 2010, registration fee will be $ 400.00
The cost includes:
- 22 games + practices, make the finals 24 or 25 games!
- Team sweaters, socks and pictures
There are no gate admission charges at Faustina. Your only other cost is the player’s equipment.
We offer a family discount of $25 each for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th player signed up from the same household family.
Respect in Sport Parent Certification
A new requirement for parents / guardians this season, please click here to learn more and register for the course.
For additional information or answers to questions, please email the Faustina registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org