Code Of Conduct
Player Code of Conduct
The Number One Guiding Principle
The number one guiding principal of the Faustina hockey program is to have fun, work hard and to develop hockey skills, teamwork and sportsmanship.
This quote from Hockey Canada says it all, “From the pond to the pros, success in hockey begins with respect. Players who respect themselves, teammates, opponents, coaches, trainers, GAME OFFICIALS, administrators, parents and fans develop winning attitudes both on and off the ice.”
Hockey Canada Fair Play Code
The Faustina Hockey Club supports the Hockey Canada Fair Play Code
- I will play hockey because I want to, not just because others or coaches want me to.
- I will play by the rules of hockey and in the spirit of the game.
- I will respect my opponents.
- I will control my temper – fighting and mouthing off can spoil the activity for everyone.
- I will do my best to be a true team player.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything and that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will acknowledge all good plays/ performances – those of my team and my opponents.
- I will remember that officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and SHOW THEM RESPECT.
- I will make a commitment to my team at all times by attending all practices, games, meetings, special events, and by playing to the best of my ability;
- I will respect my coaches at all times and remember that my Coaches are providing me with the opportunity to learn and play the game of hockey;
- If I feel strongly about something and wish to discuss it with the coach I will do so in the dressing room before or after a game so that the outcome of a game is not affected.
- I acknowledge that respect for authority is a valuable life lesson.
- I will not argue with a referee after a whistle since arguing will NOT change his or her decision.
- I will share pertinent health issues with team management.
- I will wear all proper equipment during games and practices